I’ve done my fair bit of development in the last few years, mostly linked with the production of virtual environments (VR and desktop). Having a degree in Digital Humanities, I’ve split my time between pure programming and design, reaching a good level of proficiency in both (I’ve done some web development, but that is a career I am not interested in pursuing right now). I have also taught a few courses, which you can find in the dedicated section.
Click on the links below to know more, or download my full resumé at the end of the page.
- Galdieri, Riccardo, Cristian Camardella, and Marcello Antonio Carrozzino. “What makes a circuit likeable and how different input devices can influence the perception of tracks in racing games.” Computers in Human Behavior Reports 3, 2021: 100072.
- Galdieri, Riccardo, Mata Haggis-Burridge, Thomas Buijtenweg, and Marcello Carrozzino. “Exploring Players’ Curiosity-Driven Behaviour in Unknown Videogame Environments.” In International Conference on Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality and Computer Graphics, pp. 177-185. Springer, Cham, 2020
- Carrozzino, Marcello A., Riccardo Galdieri, Octavian M. Machidon, and Massimo Bergamasco. “Do Virtual Humans Dream of Digital Sheep?.” IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications 40, no. 4, 2020: 71-83.
- Galdieri, Riccardo, Mata Haggis-Burridge, Thomas Buijtenweg, and Marcello Carrozzino. “Users’ Adaptation to Non-standard Controller Schemes in 3D Gaming Experiences.” In International Conference on Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality and Computer Graphics, pp. 411-419. Springer, Cham, 2020.
- Galdieri, Riccardo, and Marcello Carrozzino. “Natural interaction in virtual reality for cultural heritage.” International Conference on VR Technologies in Cultural Heritage. Springer, Cham, 2018.
- Galdieri, Riccardo, and Marcello Carrozzino. “Towards dedicated software tools to assist the creation of Virtual Exhibits.” SCIRES-IT-SCIentific RESearch and Information Technology 7.1, 2017: 17-28.
- Carrozzino, Marcello, Chiara Evangelista, and Riccardo Galdieri. “Building a 3D interactive walkthrough in a digital storytelling classroom experience.” Informatica 40.3, 2016.